Last updated: 28 May 2020
Effective date: 28 May 2020
WHO WE ARE
- INFORMATION TALETELLER COLLECTS
- We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Website when you participate in activities on the Website or otherwise when you contact us. Such information we collect may include the following:
- Personal Information provided by You. We collect names, email address, phone number, mailing addresses, usernames, passwords, billing address and other similar information like when you subscribe to our newsletter, send us feedback, write a blog on our website, fill out a form, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
- Social Media Login Data. We may provide you with the option to register with us using your existing social media account details, like your Facebook or Google account. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the Information described in the section called “HANDLING YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS” below.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
- We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Website using analytic tools such as Google Analytics and Hotjar. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
- The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data are service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other devices you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address).
- HOW TALETELLER USES YOUR INFORMATION
- We use personal information collected via our Website for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfilment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
- We use the information we collect or receive to:
- Enhance your experience over the Website to facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract. See the section below headed “HANDLING YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS” for further information.
- Providing and improving our services. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Website. We may also use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- Manage your account and orders placed by you. We may use your information to manage your account, fulfill and manage your orders and payments made through the Website
- Send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you newsletters, alerts, offers or promotions related to our Service, new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- Enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- Deliver and facilitate the delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- Respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other business purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Website, Service, marketing and your experience. For example, we use Mailchimp and SendGrid for marketing / transactional emails sent to you. This information will be used and stored in such a manner that it is not associated with individual end-users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
- THIRD-PARTY DISCLOSURES
- We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
- We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information with vendors and third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, book printing and shipping and customer service. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Website, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our Website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages or features, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. We have contracts in place with our data processors, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will also not share your personal information with any organization apart from us. They also commit to protect the data they hold on our behalf and to retain it for the period we instruct.
- We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorized each party so that you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us using the contact details provided in the section below titled “CONNECT WITH TALETELLER“.
- User Account Registration and Authentication: Facebook Login (https://www.facebook.com/policy.php) and Google Sign-In (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US).
- Web and Mobile Analytics: Google Analytics (https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites) and Hotjar (https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy/).
- Book printing and shipping: Blurb https://www.blurb.ca/privacy
- USE OF GOOGLE MAPS
- This Website uses Google Maps APIs which is subject to Google’s Terms of Service. You may find the Google Maps APIs Terms of Service on https://developers.google.com/maps/terms-20180207.
- We obtain and store on your device (‘cache’) your location. You may revoke your consent anytime by contacting us through the contact details provided in the section below titled “CONNECT WITH TALETELLER“.
- HANDLING YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS
- Our Website offers you the ability to register and log in using your third-party social media account details (like your Facebook or Google logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, email address, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public on such social media platforms.
- DURATION OF RETAINING YOUR INFORMATION
- We keep your personal information associated with your account for as long as your account remains active. If you close your account or terminate our services, we will delete your account data within 7 days of such a request.
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete such information or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
- We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. Our servers have sophisticated IDS/IPS systems which block malicious bots and attackers (Intrusion detection/prevention systems). ModSecurity is installed on our servers and our security rules are updated weekly, thus protecting our customers from the most common attacks. As a security measure, we keep all the plugins up to date and create a backup of all the website data on Google Cloud daily. We have TLS and Google reCaptcha installed on the website to further boost our security.
- However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information.
- Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Website is at your own risk. You should only access the Website within a secure environment.
- INFORMATION FROM MINORS
- We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 18. If not, you shall not continue to use our Website.
- If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records.
- If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ADVERTISEMENTS ON TALETELLER
We do not show or host any advertisements on our website nor do we intend to show any advertisements on our website in the near future.
- MANAGING YOUR ACCOUNT
- Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. We have offered you complete transparency into the handling of your information by us in the following manner:
- Account Information: If you have registered an account with TaleTeller, you can access, update, delete or modify any information. You can also choose or change your choice of subscription with TaleTeller. Within 7 days of receiving a termination or modification request, the data/information will be deleted or modified from the system.
- Communications Preferences: You can choose whether to receive newsletters, alerts, offers and promotions from us. You may opt-out of receiving such newsletters, alerts, and promotions by following the instructions in those emails in which such newsletters, offers or alerts are sent (For example, you can unsubscribe the offers and promotions sent by email by clicking on unsubscribe button given in the email). If you opt-out of communications we may still send you administrative emails, such as those about your account, payment acknowledgement receipts, our ongoing business relations or change in this Policy.
- Cookies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
- To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 7 days.
- CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
- CONNECT WITH TALETELLER
Abdeen & Joshi Inc.
7 Westbourne Road,
Hamilton, ON, L8S 3M1, Canada